Sunday, February 10, 2008

Do you know what this is? AWARD WINNING chili, that's what it is!


Ok, so it wasn't Iron Chef but it was our church's annual chili cook-off and I won! All I can say is that it is one great recipe because I didn't even have a chance to taste it before we ran out the door with crock-pot in hand. Would you like the recipe? Of course you would!! Who doesn't like chili? Now, if you want a chili that you can "stick a fork into" this is not it...but otherwise you gotta try this one.

Southwestern Chili
~Cathryn Jensen

1-2 lbs lean ground meat (I like ground turkey)
2 cans kidney beans-drained
2 cans black beans-undrained
1 can corn-drained
1 jar salsa (mild, medium or hot; whichever you prefer)
2 cups chicken broth (more if you like it more “soupy”)
Onion flakes (as much as you like)
1 1/2 tsp cumin
3 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano

Brown meat until thoroughly cooked; put into crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients and give a quick stir. Cook on “low” for 4-5 hours to let the flavors combine. Serve with sour-cream, grated cheddar cheese, tortilla chips or anything that you like with chili!

Fast, easy and healthy! My favorite kind of recipe!

Now, go forth and win your next chili cook-off competition!

3 comments:

sara said...

What the heck Kathryn? When were you going to tell me you had a blog? Huh?
I stumbled on it by accident. Yay, now I can see what your life is like over there. Man, the boys are so big!!
Look forward to your posts.

sara said...

whoops, I spelled your name wrong. sorry :(

DGreen said...

You won! That is so great. Was there a prize?