Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cherry Blossom Time

Spring has Sprung, in a rainy and windy sort of a way here on the "no American's to be seen anywhere other than the base" island.

Don't know what I am talking about? Scroll on down too the "sensitive subject" post and pour yourself a cup of hot chocolate while you read, I was long-winded. Just so you know, we are STILL on restriction (read: house arrest for those of us that live off base, we can't even leave our homes to go for a walk).

Oh yes, back to the blossoms; they are beautiful aren't they? I imagine that the island is covered with them now (wouldn't know, house arrest remember?) as Mt. Yaedake was a couple of weeks ago. They are lovely and I can see now why they have become a symbol of Asia. Though, I was suprised and amused to see the sheer number of tour buses and cars lined bumper to bumper all the way up the mountain full of extremely excited locals looking at the blossoms; beautiful yes, but is there a story or legend behind these flowers? If anyone knows, fill me in.

OH! This has absolutely nothing to do with Cherry Blossoms, but if you are hungry (Greens are hungry ALL the time!) then check out this link for Japanese Pizza! Sadly, I don't think it is here on THIS island, but Wow! Yum! http://www.pizza-la.co.jp/menu_e/menu310_pub.html

1 comment:

Micheal Green said...

Those pictures make me want spring to come even faster! Time to warm up the camera for some foliage pictures.