Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cape Hedo

Cape Hedo is located at the northern most tip of the island.

The waves beating the cliffs are so loud and thundering (or was that my heart racing as Dana and I were trying to keep three boys corralled and away from the not nearly safe enough fences?!).

The cliffs are gorgeous, dramatic and oh wait...what is that little speck of something across the bay and in the jungle? Is that a dirt road through the jungle? Lets drive it and find out!

Well, we found our way to the dirt road and hmmm, odd...a very well maintained path and fence in the middle of the jungle? Lets hike it!

Oh look! A gigantic bird! Wait? Why is their a gigantic bird (that you can climb into) out in the middle of the jungle? Good question. We have no idea. But, the kids loved climbing through it!

7 comments:

DGreen said...

Magnificent cliffs, are we going there? But you can keep the bird!

Micheal Green said...

I really like the fence picture.

Cathryn said...

I like it too. I wish I could get the color more intense, like it was in nature...but due to my fear of photoshop I guess it will have to stay the way it is. :)

Micheal Green said...

Upload the fence one to flickr so I can download the original. I want to play with it in photoshop a bit.

thekerrclan said...

This place looks absolutely beautiful. I've never had any great desire to visit Japan...but your pictures might be changing my mind.

Susan said...

What a beautiful place! Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! How long will you be in Japan? Cute boys!

Cathryn said...

Tacie- to be honest with you..WE had no desire to come to Japan! It just happened and now we are SO GLAD we are here. It is an amazing culture.

Susan- we will be here until August of 2010...or at least that is what the military is telling us for now.