Monday, September 29, 2008

Ryukyu Mura

While Mom was here, we went to a fun historical park called Ryukyu Mura. They have many traditional buildings, crafts, dancing and food to enjoy as well as having all the employees in traditional dress. Lots of fun! Sadly, I only took a few pictures because my brain stopped functioning due to it being a million degrees outside. Me and excessive heat just don't get along.

This was the most fun performance of the day. I just can't get enough of the Shisa dogs here! This man was in traditional costume and was hilarious. Of course, my boys didn't know what to think of him or his face paint so they kept their distance.

I LOVE these colors! Right when I took this picture I thought poor little Joshy was going to go into cardiac arrest due to being so close to the "monster." I was trying to shield him (and take a good pic) but apparently didn't do it well enough.

Group shot of us with the "scary man". Notice that the two little boys are keeping their distance while Andrew would only have his back to him. :)

3 comments:

DGreen said...

Thanks for posting on that fantastic day. Ryukyu Mura was one of my favorite places...gee I think all of the places we visited were though!

Angie said...

I'm with you on the heat! Your boys look so sweet in the picture - all nestled close for protection! :)

Ramona Jensen said...

Cathryn,

It all looks so neat and interesting...lots of fun.

I'm coming!